You are invited and encouraged to join or renew your membership in the Washington County Amateur Radio Club.
Membership has its benefits!
- Let’s have fun! – Amateur Radio is a social hobby. By participating in club events you will meet other hams that share your passion.
- Mentoring – Do you need help learning a new mode or just stuck on a project?
- Group Radio Events – Gathering up a crew for a POTA excursion or HF contest!
- Elmering – Are you ready to upgrade your license or have friend that want to get licensed?
- Help with installations – The club is a great source of (expertise) opinions and elbow grease.
- Information – The club has multiple systems for disseminating information and promoting discussion of radio and technology, including on-air, Groups,IO, Facebook, and our own mailing list.
- Legislation – The WCARC, along with the ARRL, monitors the actions of our legislators at the local, state, and federal level and reach out when action is needed to protect our bandwidth and our hobby.
Whether you’re interested in public service, making friends, or expanding your knowledge, the Washington County Amateur Radio Club invites you to become a part of our family! Your time, knowledge, and dues help the club to maintain a fleet of repeaters across Washington County, host events, and provide services back to the community.
Membership is available at three levels:
|Family Membership||Open to more than one member of the same family. The first member of the family must be a licensed amateur in good standing; all licensed family members in good standing shall possess full membership privileges. Non-licensed family members have no voting privileges and cannot hold office.||$50|
|Individual Membership||Open to licensed Amateur Radio operators. Members in good standing shall have all club privileges and the right to vote on all club issues.||$40|
|Associate Membership||Open to anyone not holding an Amateur Radio license. Members in good standing shall have all club privileges, but may not hold office or vote on club issues.||$10|